We are in the region of Barbara in the heart of Sardinia to be precise at the Magico Tablao Bar. In this enchanting place belonging to the Hotel Experience Su Gologone, I am sipping my latest discovery with some Sardinian artichokse and wild antipasti against the breathtaking backdrop of the Supramonte mountains. My discovery is a Sardinian version of a Mohito with an added taste of dark chocolate and a twist of ginger to give me a boot after a long day under the sun.
Find the secret recipe below or if you still can jump on a flight and be treated while you sip it to canti a tenores, the polyphonic Sardinian folk singing recognized by Unesco as an important aspect of the world’s cultural heritage.
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) fresh lime juice.
- 2 heaping teaspoons superfine sugar.
- 1 cup crushed ice.
- 12 fresh mint leaves, plus 5 small sprigs for garnish.
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) vodka.
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) club soda.
- 2 tablespoon of ginger
- 2 tablespoon of crushed dark chocolate